MUNCIE, Ind. – Meridian Health Services is hosting a Back-to-School Physical Fit Fair on Wednesday, August 2 from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at Southside Middle School located at 1601 E. 26th St., Muncie, IN 47302. This event is being held in conjunction with Muncie Community Schools’ registration day. The community and people of all ages are invited the Back-to-School Physical Fit Fair featuring:
FREE Health Fair including:
- Health screenings provided by Meridian Health Pediatrics
- Screenings include blood pressure, vision, BMI, pulse oxygen, dental, and mental health
- Food and drinks (while supplies last)
$10 Sports Physicals
- Meridian School-Based Health Clinic at Southside Middle School will offer $10 sports physicals. Payment can be made by cash or check. No appointment necessary.
FREE Sports Clinics
- Basketball and football sports clinics hosted by Muncie Central High School athletes
“We are happy to once again be collaborating with Meridian to bring vital services and programs to our students, their families, and our community,” shared Dr. Charles Reynolds, Associate Superintendent of Muncie Community Schools. “The Back-to-School Physical Fit Fair is an excellent opportunity for our students and families to not only register for the school year, but also enjoy resources and opportunities that they may not have otherwise received.”
“Muncie Community Schools and Meridian Health Services have a long history of collaborations that meet the students where they are – for instance the Meridian School-Based Health Clinic at Southside. This event is no different,” shared Beth Clark, VP of Marketing and Fund Development at Meridian Health Services. “By expanding access to these vital services, we are improving lives in our community.”
The Back-to-School Physical Fit Fair is being held in conjunction with Muncie Community Schools’ registration day. Attendees do not need to be a Southside Middle School or Muncie Community Schools’ student to attend.