School-based health clinics are a collaborative partnership with Meridian Health Services and community schools expanding Meridian’s mission of “whole-person” health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being in a convenient health center located within the schools
In addition to services provided to students by the school nurse, this partnership provides primary medical care, behavioral and social healthcare services to students and their families as well as the general public.
Most insurances are accepted including Medicare and Medicaid. Meridian’s sliding fee scale is also available to those who qualify to allow care to anyone in need.
Services available at Meridian School Clinics are:
Primary Medical Care:
- Health & prevention screenings
- Pediatric care
- Illness visits—Allergies, asthma, strep throat, ear infections
- Immunizations – currently scheduling with a MeridianMD location nearest you!
- Sports physicals
- First aid
- Dental screenings
- Nutrition & weight management
- Management of chronic health conditions
- Crisis interventions
- Individual and group therapy teen counseling
- Parent/Child conflict
- Suicide prevention
- ADHD, autism diagnosis and treatment
- Psychiatric consultation
- Addiction prevention and services
- Psycho-social assessments— including ACES (Adverse Childhood Experience Score) management
Social health care is also available through health education.
These services may include:
- Unintentional injury prevention (a leading cause of death among adolescents)
- Drug and alcohol prevention
- Sexual health
- Violence and dating violence prevention
- Nutrition and fitness
- Suicide prevention (MHFA and QRP)
- Young mother support (decreasing infant mortality)
- Other personal skills contributing to overall health and wellness, positive school climate initiatives, and promote positive social-emotional development
Meridian Health Services and Muncie Community Schools collaborated and launched the first school-based health clinic under Meridian School Clinics located at Southside Middle School in Muncie.
View our video to learn more about our school-based health clinic program at Southside Middle School in Muncie.
Meridian School-Based Health Clinic Locations:
- Compass Alternative School – Anderson, IN
- Muncie Southside Middle School – Muncie, IN
- Richmond Community Schools – Richmond, IN
- Union School Corporation – Modoc, IN