Meridian Health Services will be administering the Moderna vaccine beginning
TUESDAY, JANUARY 19 by Appointment Only.
If you are eligible for a vaccine, click the link above or the button below to make an appointment. You can also schedule an appointment for a senior family member.
The vaccine is FREE to everyone eligible to receive one as outlined in the distribution Phases through the Indiana State Department of Health. There will not be a co-pay charged to you. If you have insurance, bring your insurance card. We will collect the information to bill a small administration fee, but NO COST will be charged to you.
Currently, those eligible for receiving the COVID-19 vaccine are:
Any Indiana resident age 70 and up. In addition, those who are currently eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine include:
- Anyone working in a healthcare setting or has close face-to-face interaction with patients
- Those who have been in contact with infectious materials
- Long-term care residents and staff
- First responders, such as police and paramedics
Vaccines will be given in two doses. People will get a second dose 28 days after the first dose for the Moderna vaccine and will be scheduled when you receive your first dose. Information handouts will be provided at the time of receiving the first dose of the vaccine on how to follow up.
Do you want a vaccine but don’t qualify under the currently eligible Phase guidelines?
You can be placed on our COVID-19 Vaccine WAITLIST. CLICK HERE to be placed on our waitlist for available COVID-19 Vaccines that may be available at Meridian locations nearest you.
COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Phases:
At this time there are four Phases defined for COVID-19 Vaccinations distribution:
Phase 1A – Designated Hospitals received Pfizer vaccine for frontline doctors, nurses, EMS and long-term care staff. ACTIVE SINCE DECEMBER 2020
Phase 1B – Community Healthcare Centers will receive the Moderna vaccine to be given to high-risk individuals with underlying disease or conditions. Anyone age 70+. ACTIVE SINCE JANUARY 2021
Phase 2 – Mitigate Spread: Those at elevated risk of transmission due to living or working circumstances (school staff, group homes, jails, detention settings, public healthcare staff, etc.)
Phase 3 – General Public
The above phases have no definite timeline at this time. The Indiana Department of Health is prepared to make adjustments to these Phases. Meridian is working with local and state health departments in assisting with this rapidly evolving process. Will will keep you informed and updated as we receive information.
For more detailed info regarding COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Phases in Indiana CLICK HERE!
COVID-19 Test Availability at Meridian
Meridian offers three COVID-19 Test options:
- PCR – Standard Covid Test:
- Results in 3-7 days
- Nasal Swab
- Recommended at day 5 after being exposed to COVID or displaying symptoms
- Rapid Test:
- Results in 15 minutes
- Nasal Swab
- Recommended Day 1-7 with Symptoms
- Antibody Test:
- Results in 2-3 days
- Blood Sample
- Recommended to see if you have been infected with COVID-19 and developed an immune response
COVID tests available at the following Meridian locations (appointment necessary):
- Meridian Health Services – 1547 Ohio Ave., Anderson
- Meridian Health Services, 707 W 3rd St., Connersville
- MeridianMD – 1150 S Main St., Dunkirk
- MeridianMD – 100 N. Tillotson Ave., Muncie
- Meridian Health Services – 930 N. 14th St., New Castle
- MeridianMD Convenience Care, 500 W Votaw St., Portland
- MeridianMD – 2300 Chester Blvd., Richmond
- Meridian Health Services, 509 Conrad Harcourt Way, Rushville