WIPB Wellness Matters Series
Meridian Health Services is proud to sponsor WIPB Wellness Matters Series.
WIPB’s Wellness Matters, a locally-produced wellness program on Ball State University PBS, returns Saturday, January 16 with brand new episodes and a brand new host! We are excited to announce Meridian Health Pediatrics, Naseer Syed, MD, FAAP, will be the new host. Dr. Syed replaces Jeffery Bird, MD, president, east-central region for IU Health, who served as host of the program for the past 4 years.
Wellness Matters looks at all aspects of being healthy and living a healthy lifestyle…mind, body and spirit. Each episode deals with a different health, wellness or medial topic and features local panelists who will share their advice and expertise as well as community members who will share their personal experiences.
Aired August 28, 2021
We will discuss how spiritual wellness relates to your health and what things you can do to improve your spiritual wellness.
- Rev. Kevin Bockus, Director of Spiritual Care and Chaplaincy – East Central Region IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital
- John Peterson, MD, a family medicine doctor in Muncie who also provides Maharishi Ayurveda consultation with his wife Vicki
- Saliha Talifarro, a counselor and therapist at Wellness Journey Counseling and Embodiment Services in Indianapolis.
Aired July 17, 2021
We will discuss how prepared we are as individuals and as a community to deal with the aftermath of a disaster.
- Cory Kissick, Deputy Director for Delaware County Emergency Management
- Leslie Montgomery, Regional Disaster Officer of the American Red Cross of Indiana
- Jerry Sears, District Liaison for the Indiana Department of Homeland Security
Aired June 19, 2021
School-Based Healthcare Clinics
We will discuss will discuss the impact school-based healthcare has on students and how these services are delivered.
- Lisa Suttle, regional vice president of clinical services at Meridian Health Services
- Andy Klotz, Chief Communications Officer at Muncie Community Schools
- Kathleen Livingston, Program Director for the Indiana Rural School’s Clinic Network
Aired May 15, 2021
We will discuss will discuss telemedicine and telehealth technology and the benefits it offers for the future of healthcare for Hoosiers.
- Alicia Deogracias-Schleich, Ball State graduate student, Counseling Psychology program; senior clinic assistant, Counseling Practicum Clinic, College of Health
- Jessie Rice, MD, Psychiatrist, IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital
- Megan Welker, MD, Primary care physician, Meridian Health Services
- Becky Sanders, Senior director, Indiana Rural Health Association; program director, Upper Midwest Telehealth Resource
Aired April 17, 2021
Child Abuse Prevention and Awareness
We will discuss what Indiana is doing to reduce child abuse in the state and raise awareness of resources and prevention programs, including Meridian’s Child Advocacy Center.
- Sharon Pierce, CEO/President Prevent Child Abuse Indiana
- Eric Hoffman, Delaware County Prosecuting Attorney/Prosecutors Office
- Jordan Extine, Practice Manager, Suzanne Gresham Center/Child Advocacy Center
Indiana Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline, 1-800-800-5556
Find your local Child Abuse Prevention Council
Child Advocacy Center-Meridian Health Services – 866-306-2647
Prevent Child Abuse Indiana
Indiana Center for Prevention of Youth Abuse and Suicide
Kids’ Voice of Indiana
National and State Resources
Aired March 20, 2021
MENTAL HEALTH IN A PANDEMIC
We will discuss about maintaining your mental health during and after the pandemic.
- Sarfraz Khan, MD, CPE, MAAPL, DFAPA, Meridian’s Chief Medical Officer
- Carrie Bradley, LMHC, Clinical Supervisor at the Suzanne Gresham Center;
- Tony Toomer, MBA, MSW, MATS, Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) Manager of FSSA/Div. of Mental Health & Addiction
Be Well Indiana
Meridian Health Services
Phone: (765) 288-1928 | (866) 306-2647
National Alliance on Mental Health (Indiana)
Indiana Minority Health Coalition
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Text IN To 741741 For Suicide Prevention
Or call 2-1-1 or 866-211-9966
Indiana Coping with COVID resources page
IU Health Mental Health Resources
Open Door Health Services
National Domestic Violence Hotline: Staying Safe During COVID-19:
Disaster Distress Hotline
Aired February 20, 2021
We will discuss the COVID-19 vaccine, myths and facts, and local resources.
- Lisa Suttle, RN-BC, MS, Meridian’s regional vice president of clinical services
- Rosette Kfoury, MD, infectious disease physician at IU Health BMH
- John Peterson, MD, local physician and vice-chair of the Delaware County Board of Health
CDC: Covid -19
Delaware County Coronavirus Hub
Indiana 2-1-1 Covid -19 information and Resources
Indiana Vaccine sites
Indiana Covid-19 Vaccine information
Indiana Department of Health online vaccine appointments
Indiana Public Resources
Madison County Health Department
Randolph County Health Department
Wayne County Health Department
Henry County Health Department
Aired January 16, 2021
We will discuss wellness management, what community well-being looks like in Muncie—including the Web of Support Initiative, and how Muncie won one of the prestigious 2020 All America City awards.
Dr. Jane Ellery, Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator for Wellness Management at Ball State University.
Muncie Action Plan-Web of Support
Web Of Support-Delaware County on Facebook
Science of Well-Being
Improving Well-Being in Your Community
Muncie Action Plan
All America City Awards
Aired September 14, 2019
OPIOID USE RECOVERY RESOURCES FOR HOOSIERS
Many Hoosiers a battling the use of opioids every day. On this episode of Wellness Matters, part three in our Opioid Crisis series, we talk to different organizations that provide programs and resources to fight the opioid problem in Indiana.
- Mike Thibideau, Director of the Indiana Workforce Recovery Initiative, Wellness Council of Indiana
- Amnah Anwar, Program director for Indiana Rural Opioid Consortium
- Lisa Suttle, RN-BC, MS, Regional Vice President of Clinical Services Meridian Health Services
- Lori Joseph, Wellness Educator at LifeStream Services