WIPB Wellness Matters Series
Meridian Health Services is proud to sponsor WIPB Wellness Matters Series.
WIPB’s Wellness Matters, a locally-produced wellness program on Ball State University PBS, returns Saturday, January 16 with brand new episodes and a brand new host! We are excited to announce Meridian Health Pediatrics, Naseer Syed, MD, FAAP, will be the new host. Dr. Syed replaces Jeffery Bird, MD, president, east-central region for IU Health, who served as host of the program for the past 4 years.
Wellness Matters looks at all aspects of being healthy and living a healthy lifestyle…mind, body and spirit. Each episode deals with a different health, wellness or medial topic and features local panelists who will share their advice and expertise as well as community members who will share their personal experiences.
Aired January 16, 2021
We will discuss wellness management, what community well-being looks like in Muncie—including the Web of Support Initiative, and how Muncie won one of the prestigious 2020 All America City awards.
Dr. Jane Ellery, Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator for Wellness Management at Ball State University.
Muncie Action Plan-Web of Support
Web Of Support-Delaware County on Facebook
Science of Well-Being
Improving Well-Being in Your Community
Muncie Action Plan
All America City Awards
Aired September 14, 2019
OPIOID USE RECOVERY RESOURCES FOR HOOSIERS
Many Hoosiers a battling the use of opioids every day. On this episode of Wellness Matters, part three in our Opioid Crisis series, we talk to different organizations that provide programs and resources to fight the opioid problem in Indiana.
- Mike Thibideau, Director of the Indiana Workforce Recovery Initiative, Wellness Council of Indiana
- Amnah Anwar, Program director for Indiana Rural Opioid Consortium
- Lisa Suttle, RN-BC, MS, Regional Vice President of Clinical Services Meridian Health Services
- Lori Joseph, Wellness Educator at LifeStream Services
- Indiana Workforce Recovery
- LifeStream Services
- Meridian Health Services Addiction and Recovery
- Meridian Health Services
- Indiana Rural Opioid Consortium
- Proper disposal of unused drugs
- Know the O Facts
- Meridian Maternal Treatment Program video
Aired July 20, 2019
KEEPING KIDS HEALTHY
Dr. Bird is joined in studio by Dr. Bianca Maya from Meridian Health Pediatrics to talk about keeping your kids healthy as they go through school, how to get the most from well child check-ups, and more.
- Bianca Maya, MD, Meridian Health Pediatrics
- Monica Buche, CFNP, Meridian Health Pediatrics
- Leland D. Wilhoite, DDS, PC
- Karon Nowakowski, OD, Family Vision Care
- Suzanne Clem, Director of Community Awareness, Open Door Health Services
- Shalimar Franklin, Mobile Unit manager, Open Door health Services
- Katie Swec, Medical Director of Reach Out and Read Indiana
- Madison Criswell, Reach Out and Read Indiana, Program Coordinator, Indiana Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Meridian Health Pediatrics
- Open Door Health Services Mobile Unit
- Leland C. Wilhoite Cosmetic and Family Dentistry
- Family Vision Care
- Reach Out and Read
- Reach Out and Read Indiana
- Mouth Healthy
- America’s Pediatric Dentists
- Children’s Dental Care
- Eye Screening for kids
- Children’s vision by Age
- American Optometric Association